Road to Wellness
We believe optimal wellness is achievable through technology, education, and socialization. The hChoices wellness platform enables you to track your health numbers, participate in fun challenges, and learn techniques to reach your health goals.
We use a Collective Impact Model to impact the largest number of community members possible. hChoices has partnered with ever increasing number of organizations, from different sectors, with the common agenda of improving the health and wellness of the communities we serve.
hChoices partners include, but are not limited to:
- Senior Centers
- Government Agencies
- Fitness Clubs
- National Health Associations
Why Focus on Community Wellness?
- 92% of older adults have at least one chronic disease and 77% have at least two (National Council on Aging)
- Four chronic diseases—heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes—cause almost two-thirds of all deaths each year
- Chronic diseases account for 75% of the money our nation spends on health care (Forbes: In 2013, approximately $3.8 trillion)
- Estimated every $1 spent on community-based wellness programs will save $5.60 (Trust for America’s Health)
- Develop a wellness initiative to create and sustain healthier communities
- Increase access to technology, educational programming and support services
- Connect communities to local experts and resources
- Track outcomes through data ” Promote economic vitality