Many people develop eating habits weather its packing the same thing in your lunch everyday or eating a midnight snack at the same time every night. There are good eating habits and bad eating habits, if you can get yourself used to the good eating habits you can lead a much healthier life.
5 Bad Eating Habits:
- Eating on the run: a lot of people find themselves not having enough time to sit down and eat, so they end up grabbing a quick snack or running through the drive through.
- Eating large portions: eating even after your full is something most people do, we often order to much food at a restaurant and want to try and finish it or just simply fill our plates a little too much.
- Emotional eating: many people get into the habit of eating when they are stressed or sad, this can lead to people consuming to much food.
- Skipping meals: with such busy schedules it can often be hard to find time to fit in a meal, so that leads us to skip meals all together. When you don’t eat regularly your hunger increases and may result in eating larger meals late in the day or doing excess snacking.
- Late night eating: this is something I’m sure everyone is guilty of; we all have those midnight snack cravings. But it is best to resist these cravings by finding something else to keep you occupied.
7 Good Eating Habits:
- Eat breakfast: it has been shown that people who regularly eat breakfast lose more weigh then those who don’t.
- Eat fruits and vegetables: your daily goal should be 3 cups of vegetables and 2 cups of fruit.
- Plan out your meals: take the time to plan out your meals for each week and make time to go to the grocery store to pick up everything you need. This can make your eating more organized and save you a lot of time throughout the week.
- Eat at the table: many people get into the habit of eating dinner on the couch or in bed. But it is important to eat your meals at the table because it allows you to take your time and eat more slowly.
- Carry a high protein snack: some of these include nut or protein snack bars, apples, or wholegrain rice.
- Drink green tea: drinking green tea after a meal helps to increase your metabolic rate.
- Stay hydrated: get into the habit of always carrying a bottle of water, that way you are staying hydrated by sipping throughout the day.
Kick those nasty bad eating habits to the side and pick up some good ones!