Many people are stressed weather it be due to work, home life, or financial problems. While a lot of people are often stressed very few people manage it. Managing your stress is extremely important because it can have many effects on your body including headaches, chest pain, fatigue, upset stomach, problems sleeping, anxiety, and depression. Here are some tips to help you manage your stress.
- Regular exercise- exercise metabolizes your stress hormones and restores calm to your body.
- Relaxation techniques- practicing relaxation techniques such as meditation and deep breathing can help to relieve you stress by lowering your pulse rate, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Change your attitude to stress- it is nearly impossible to get rid of stress completely, but you can find ways to change your attitude about it. When you are stressed it often causes you to have a negative attitude, try turning this into a positive attitude. This can help to relieve your stress and put you in a better mood.
- Say no- one common reason for people being stressed it having to much on their plate. This can cause you to become overwhelmed and stressed. Start telling people “no” instead of taking on more responsibilities that you know you can’t handle.
- Keep a stress diary- start writing down the reasons why you are feeling stressed, and it can help you to become more aware of it and learn how to better manage it.
- Reduce caffeine, alcohol, and sugar- caffeine, alcohol, and sugar are all stimulants which increase your stress levels. Many people drink alcohol to try and relieve their stress, but it is really doing to opposite.
- Talk to others- when you share your feelings with others it can help you to reduce your stress levels. Next time you’re feeling stressed try picking up the phone and calling a friend.
- Do something you enjoy- when you’re feeling stressed try doing something you enjoy such as listening to music, watching a movie, or going for a walk. This can help to put you in a better mood and relieve your stress.
- Smile and laugh- find things that make you smile and laugh weather it’s hanging out with friends or watching a funny movie. This can help to brighten your day and reduce your stress levels.
- Sleep better- Lack of sleep can cause a lot of stress on your body, getting a good night’s rest can help you to feel more relaxed and reduce stress.
Follow these 10 simple steps and start managing your stress today!