How to Meditate:
- Focused attention- to help free your mind.
- Relaxed breathing- to slow your breathing and take in more oxygen, to breath more efficiently.
- A quiet setting- this is important for beginners, as you become more skilled in meditation you will be able to do it anywhere.
- A comfortable position- you may be sitting, lying down, or standing up just make sure you are comfortable to be able to get the most out of your meditation.
- Open attitude- keep an open mind without judgment.
Meditation takes a lot of practice and our minds tend to wonder, this happens to even the most experienced meditator. If it is not coming to you easily don’t allow that to stress you out even more. Remember to stay relaxed and keep an open mind, it may take up to a month before you start seeing the benefits of meditation.
Try these simple meditation practices and be on your way to a more stress-free life!